The Forgotten of Faerun

If you're here, you should probably know why

Keywords

Latest topics

» Rolen Nelor, new to the game, new to the guild/alliance/tribe kind of...
Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:52 am by The Gravel Nome

» Recruit Expectations and Responsibilities
Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:34 pm by Four6ix

» The Code of Conduct
Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:31 pm by Four6ix

» Hi all new guild rekrut.
Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:09 pm by InigoMontoya187

» What's up?
Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:13 pm by Devistater

» Greeting's from Assassins For Hire (AKA The Agency's of Death)
Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:05 pm by AHulkFangirl

» Senior Member Requirements and Expectations
Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:16 pm by Skycola96

» Member Expectations and Responsibilities
Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:50 pm by Frollo13

» Tomb of Annihilation
Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:32 pm by Chivalrous1

November 2017

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

The Code of Conduct

Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:25 pm by The Gravel Nome

OUR CODE OF CONDUCT

DISCRIMINATION.
There will be no discrimination of any kind. I don't care what color your skin is what, language you speak, your sexual orientation, the amount of money you make or your gear score, we all have the same type of blood in our veins. If I hear of any discrimination at all …

Code of conduct

Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:28 am by feistyxprincess

Read and I accept

So a Dwarf an Elf and a Dragonborn walk into a Guild Hall...

The Gravel Nome
    Completely Forgotten
    Completely Forgotten

So a Dwarf an Elf and a Dragonborn walk into a Guild Hall...

Post by The Gravel Nome on Tue May 09, 2017 4:49 pm

An old dwarf, shield across his back and sword by his side, marches through the front door of the guildhall. At his flanks is a bored looking elf dressed in green robes, and a tall dragon born wearing a child like grinn and what looks to be white pajamas.

After glancing to the left and right  the group precedes to the small room where the guild leadership is meeting. When thay are asked to enter by the attending guard thay proceed to the officers table. The room falls silent and no one speaks.  Then the dwarf clears his throat and address is the room in a loud grumpy voice

Greetings and well met! We three be adventurers come to ya at the bidding of our Master, The Gravel Nome. Me be Grogg Stonespitter, level 70 GF and oldest of us three. Me ben servin the master since the first day o Neverwinter. We have ben through much during that time and slew many evils.

To me right is the level 70 HR Kendle. He was the second to join the master. Born the first son of wealthy Traders he's had very little to challenge him in life. As such he joins our battles only to find excitement, adventure n gold. He fulfills a DPS role in our band and spins good tails at the evening meal.

There is an awkward pause while the dwarf and elf look at each other as if they are unsure  what to say next. The dragonborns goofy grin fades and is replaced by an impatient frown. He than stomps his left foot on the ground twice and makes a noise like tearing news paper. The dwarf spins around and bellows: keep ya scales on ya daft lizard! I be getin to ya!

Grogg Stonespitter turns back to the assembled Council and bows his head. I beg your pardon me lords n ladys.  As you will soon learn me lizard friend hear can be a bit o a handful. Dis heer be Cuddles level XX gwf. At hearing his name his eyes light up and he makes a cheerful chirping sound.

Grogg continues: we don't no nutin about em before he found me n da elf. He don't talk none. Da healers say dat either he was touched by da gods or his egg was in da sun to long. He is loyal, a fierce fighter, and can understand most of what he hear n as long as it's spoken in a soft tone with small words.

A word o warning though: if he tries to give you a hug just let him do it. He wont hurt ya if he gets his hug.  Just ask dat bar maid back in    da city o sails. No hug and now we can't go back! Grogg said with a scowl. Cuddles looks down at a pebble by his feet and makes a soft whimper.

Kendle whispers to Grogg: do guard your tone dear dwarf, we don't need to upset him more about that. Do you want him bringing us another dead oxen as an apology gift? That last one cost us 200 gold to keep that farmer from reporting us to the guard. Now one of us is going to have to hug him and it's not going to be me!

Grogg grunts in agreement and then turns back to the leadership table. Well dats nuf said bout us. I do have a letter of introduction from da master I be leaving wit ya before we go though.  Grogg places a folded piece of parchment with a ribbon and wax seal on it onto the table in front of him.

As the group turns to leave Cuddles gets a mischievious look in his eye. He picks up Grogg, throws him over his shoulder, and Carries him out the door which Kendle trailing behind. Grogg can be heard shouting at cuddles:

Put me down you overgrown mute gecko! You know ya don't get ya hug till AFTER we get unpacked!  Kendle help me with dis pile of scales will ya?!?!

Kendall replys in the precise clipped tones of his people. I think not good sir dwarf.  I'm still mending my tunic from the last time I Tangled with this uncivilized Beast. Do you have any idea how hard it is to find akaviri silk in this part of the world let alone afford it? The last 3 spools of thread cost me a Dragon Hoards of gold alone.
    wredraven
    Officer
    Officer

Re: So a Dwarf an Elf and a Dragonborn walk into a Guild Hall...

Post by wredraven on Sat May 13, 2017 1:59 pm

Lol, nice!
    Smurphnator21

Post by Smurphnator21 on Mon May 15, 2017 6:15 am

That's awesome!
    The Gravel Nome
    Completely Forgotten
    Completely Forgotten

Post by The Gravel Nome on Mon May 15, 2017 1:11 pm

thanks. these are my three characters from the game. one day I was at work bored and then got to thinking what would happen if the three of them could talk to each other. this short story was going to be my introduction to the guild however I never got around to posting it.
    BluByrd1205
    Officer
    Officer

Post by BluByrd1205 on Sat May 20, 2017 7:05 am

This is cute! I love it.
    Cuddles is hilarious haha..
    You should write more Smile
    The Gravel Nome
    Completely Forgotten
    Completely Forgotten

Post by The Gravel Nome on Tue May 23, 2017 1:15 pm

cuddles is more of a mystery than he appears. all of them have more of a past than what appears in this short story. sometime when things calm down for me and I get some time to think I might even tell those stories

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:52 am